Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Damien Corbishley <Da...@uk.intervoice.com> on 2004/03/25 14:02:52 UTC

doUpdate and rows affected

Hi,

  When torque performs a doUpdate, it selects all the rows beforehand and then updates each individual row, my question is does the village sources allow you just to construct a basic UPDATE <table_name> set x = ?, where a = ? statement?

If so would it make sense for me to override the doUpdate method to use village in a slightly different way? I was thinkging of using village to construct my sql update string by using the getSaveString method on TableDataSet, and pass it back to the executeStatement method in BasePeer, it has the additional benefit of being able to access the number of rows affected, which my app needs ( I would like to implement some sort of "update / delete failed due to non existent record error". )

Anyone got any thoughts on this idea?

Damien

This e-mail and any files transmitted are intended for the addressee only - it is private and confidential. If you have received this mail in error please notify the sender and immediately delete the e-mail. The registered office of Intervoice Ltd is 50, Park Road, Gatley, Cheshire, SK8 4HZ, UK. All rights reserved (c) 2004 Intervoice Ltd

www.mimesweeper.com