Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by fdegrassi <fr...@emaze.net> on 2006/11/25 15:19:13 UTC

Tapestry HiveDoc generation

First of all, I'm just starting to dig into Tapestry and HiveMind.
I want to generate the HiveDoc for Tapestry and (eventually) for my own
project, but haven't found any documentation on how to do that. I've
never tried to build tapestry from source, so i don't know if the build
process would give me any hint regarding this issue.
Anyone could please give me an hint on where to look ? Any help is
appreciated.

Francesco Degrassi

Re: Tapestry HiveDoc generation

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That's awesome Andy! I still plan on javadoc-linking the other
hivemind configuration areas besides just service interfaces at some
point as well, just need some time to do it.

NetBeans is looking more and more appealing with each feature you add
in, though it'll probably take a mountain of convincing to get me to
convert as it took a good couple years for me to finally move from
emacs -> eclipse. =p

Some sort of very quick article with graphics would be really nice to
see. We could link to it from the home page.. ehh? ehh?

On 12/13/06, andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> > I did sit down and figure this out finally. Hivemind has an ant task
> > you can use to read in registry files and output them into one main
> > "registry.xml" file.
>
> That's some very useful info jesse...
>
> Here's another outcome of this
>
> https://nbtapestrysupport.dev.java.net/images/preview13.png
>

> > From there it can be transformed with xsl into
> > whatever you want. I added it into the build process for tap 4.1 today
> > (using maven2) so you should be able to go from there.(i made a few
> > enhancements but it should still basically be the same)
> >
> > The docs are of course generated and available for viewing from each
> > specific module page:
> >
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/index.html
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/hivedoc/index.html
> >

> > On 11/25/06, fdegrassi <fr...@emaze.net> wrote:
> >> First of all, I'm just starting to dig into Tapestry and HiveMind.
> >> I want to generate the HiveDoc for Tapestry and (eventually) for my own
> >> project, but haven't found any documentation on how to do that. I've
> >> never tried to build tapestry from source, so i don't know if the build
> >> process would give me any hint regarding this issue.
> >> Anyone could please give me an hint on where to look ? Any help is
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> >> Francesco Degrassi

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / J2EE Consulting

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapestry HiveDoc generation

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
There is a non-official maven plugin as well:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVEMIND-164
Although I haven't tried it yet...

BR:
Norbi

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I did sit down and figure this out finally. Hivemind has an ant task
you can use to read in registry files and output them into one main
"registry.xml" file. From there it can be transformed with xsl into
whatever you want. I added it into the build process for tap 4.1 today
(using maven2) so you should be able to go from there.(i made a few
enhancements but it should still basically be the same)

The docs are of course generated and available for viewing from each
specific module page:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/index.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/hivedoc/index.html

On 11/25/06, fdegrassi <fr...@emaze.net> wrote:
> First of all, I'm just starting to dig into Tapestry and HiveMind.
> I want to generate the HiveDoc for Tapestry and (eventually) for my own
> project, but haven't found any documentation on how to do that. I've
> never tried to build tapestry from source, so i don't know if the build
> process would give me any hint regarding this issue.
> Anyone could please give me an hint on where to look ? Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> Francesco Degrassi

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Tapestry HiveDoc generation

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
If you figure it out let me know, I'd love to be able to generate
hivedocs for Tapestry as well.