Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@imediation.com> on 2001/12/20 11:19:39 UTC

concat task WAS: RE: copy task with merge mapper bug?

[...]
> What you expecteded it to do is something that wouldn't really fit
> into my picture of a copy task, more something like a new <concat>
> task or similar.

So, is it worth adding this task to the core ?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=97942383311788&w=2

I'm still not sure how to deal with order.
As a fileset as no guarantee about order, this not so good for many uses and
a filelist can be nice but not that flexible, as you are forced to
externalize something (using echo ?)

I don't think we can use 'path' as I feel the semantic somewhat different
but I'm not so sure...

Any suggestions ?

Stephane