Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Waeckers, Jan-Malte" <Ja...@homag.com> on 2019/11/18 16:16:36 UTC

Next Release of Log4Net

Hello everybody,

When will the next version of Log4Net be released?
In my opinion this version needs to support .Net Standard 2.0 as target framework. Will this be given then?

Re: Next Release of Log4Net

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
It is not only about recompiling, but rather working on the codebase such
that all the parts (appenders, configuration, ..) work and integrate well
into netstandard based applications like aspnetcore work and behave. This
may also mean a large refactor into multiple assemblies, adding support for
json configuration files, support dependency injection apis, ..

--
Sent from my phone. Typos are a kind gift to anyone who happens to find
them.

Re: Next Release of Log4Net

Posted by Javier Sanchez <jf...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next Release of Log4Net