Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com> on 2007/02/20 20:41:08 UTC

slave server, transportConnectors and port 62001

Hi all,
 This is a question regarding setting up a master-slave activemq. The
http://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html xml configuration  shows
the following for transportConnector's

---
    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
       <transportConnector name="ssl"     uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>
---

and the following for setting a up a pure
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html master slave :

---
<broker masterConnectorURI="tcp://masterhost:62001"
shutdownOnMasterFailure="false">
  . . .
</broker>
---

does amq listen on port 62001 by default or should I add another
transportConnector on both master/slave ? If yes, what does the config look
like ?

Im raising this question because, with the default xml config, if I start
the slave, I see the following error in the log file:

---
ERROR MasterConnector                - Failed to start network
bridge: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
----

- Sandeep

Re: slave server, transportConnectors and port 62001

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,

This config

<broker masterConnectorURI="tcp://masterhost:62001">
  . . .
</broker>

is telling the slave to listen to the specified masterConnectorURI which
should be the url of the master broker you are going to use. So your slave's
masterConnectorURI should be a url of your intended master broker, so if
your master broker has a url of "tcp://localhost:61616", the
masterConnectorURI of your slave should be "tcp://localhost:61616".

Regards,
Marlon