Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Carlo Montanari <ca...@t-systems.it> on 2005/06/22 12:42:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Questions about reverse proxy with https

Hi list.
I'm in the process of building a reverse proxy architecture based on
Apache with mod_proxy, in order to publish on the Internet an internal
website now residing only on our Intranet.
The site is quite critical, so it's required that it must be available
externally only in https. So far so good.
Now some people in our management are requiring that also the
communication between the reverse proxy and the internal site must be
encrypted, and this is raising some doubts to me as I have never worked
with such a configuration.
Please anybody can help me with any hint?
First of all, is it possible at all to implement this with mod_proxy?
If so, is there any documentation about it?
Any thoughts about the matter?

Thanks, Carlo