Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Khan <sk...@SVTECHNOLOGY.com> on 2003/06/10 01:39:18 UTC

Error creating WSDL via URL

Hi,

I'm receiving the listed error after appending ?wsdl to the URL of an otherwise correctly functioning webservice. It seems that the webservice isnt being set as the 'targetService' parameter during the call. According to the source code:

/**
 * At this point, the service should have been set by someone
 * (either the originator of the MessageContext, or one of the
 * transport or global Handlers).  If it hasn't been set, we
 * fault.
 */

h = msgContext.getService();
                if (h == null) {
                    // It's possible that we haven't yet parsed the
                    // message at this point.  This is a kludge to
                    // make sure we have.  There probably wants to be
                    // some kind of declarative "parse point" on the handler
                    // chain instead....
                    Message rm = msgContext.getRequestMessage();
                    rm.getSOAPEnvelope().getFirstBody();

                    h = msgContext.getService();
                    if (h == null)
                        throw new AxisFault("Server.NoService",
                                            Messages.getMessage("noService05",
                                                                 "" + msgContext.getTargetService()),
                                            null, null );

Any idea as to what I need to do to correct this?

Many thanks,
Sam

/------------------------------------------- ERROR ------------------------------------------------------/
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:
Fault - The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is null
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
 faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is null
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
	stackTrace: AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
 faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is null
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is null
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:482)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:277)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:335)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
	at jrun.servlet.security.JSecurityCheckFilter.doFilter(JSecurityCheckFilter.java:70)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
	at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)