Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com> on 2016/03/14 17:35:42 UTC

IPs Getting Stuck on Multiple Routers

Hi,

If you disassociate a bunch of public IPs at once from an account, it tends
to be that the IPs are still stuck on the virtual router even though they
have been successfully released on the management server. Another account
later acquires that IP, and now two routers have the same public IPs
attached to them. This leads to intermittent connectivity loss for the
accounts.

The only way currently to fix this is to restart network (not acceptable in
production environment) or to make some kind of cron job which manually
fixes broken IPs (barely any better).

This happens at least on KVM. I assume it happens on other hypervisors as
well.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: IPs Getting Stuck on Multiple Routers

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.
I created a new issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9317

Also updated the pull request name with this ticket.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.

AW: IPs Getting Stuck on Multiple Routers

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@accelerite.com>.
Hi Jeff,