Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Gambale, Michael J." <mi...@merck.com> on 2000/11/22 18:25:02 UTC

Unicode, Greek making it not resolve to entity form

Thought maybe someone may have some information to help me.  Thanks.

I have to resolve some Greek characters in html and I am using XML and XSL
to do it.  My preference is to use the hex value and let the xsl generate
the correct value.  Unfortunately the most common Greek letters seem to be
converting to things like &beta; which works fine in Netscape 6 or I.E. 5.5
but does not work in my Netscape 4.6.1 browser.

Is there any way that I can force the action to strictly convert to the
Greek character from Unicode.  For some Greek letters in Unicode that have
no ENTITY, the xsl automatically places the exact Greek letter in the source
of the html.  How can I (if I can) make this happen for more common Greek
letters like beta. Thanks

-Mike

I am not on the cocoon list any longer(though I may subscribe again soon) so
please if you can reply to my internet address michael_gambale@merck.com