Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 17:58:25 UTC

Full host migration

Hi,

Assume we have hosts A and B. Host A currently has an AMQ broker but is old
and needs decommissioning. Host B is being set up to replace A. I do not
have a master/slave configuration.

Is it safe to shut down AMQ on A, rsync the entire /opt/activemq folder with
it's data store and configurations (brokerName, networkConnectors and
keystores) to B, then start B's AMQ and expect everything to "just work"?
Clearly clients will be connecting to B rather than A!

Not having done this before I just wanted to ask for past experience /
advice.

Thanks,

James

Re: Full host migration