Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 14:50:42 UTC

[BUILD] findbugs exclude filters/slowbuild keeps failing

H,

I am in the process of adding exclude filters in the findbugs reports.
For most projects I am adding an empty file.
As so many warnings are still in there the findbugs reports are not
really used. There is a matching scheme that reports if there are any
new issues in comparison to the last successful build. At the moment
there are two:

CitrixResourceBase line 2550 and
SSHCmdHelper line 146

for those two I am writing filters
e.g.
     <Match>
       <Class name="SshCmdHelper" />
       <Method name="sshExecuteCmdOneShotWithExitCode" />
       <Bug pattern="DM_DEFAULT_ENCODING" />
     </Match>

look at http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/manual/filter.html for instructions

The DM_DEFAULT_ENCODING is IMHO a bad example of a false positive but
more of an architectural issue that we need to address. The purpose of
these filters, I hope, is clear.

I have found there are some quirks concerning mixing eclipse and
maven. It is now running in jenkins. please bug me with any issues

--
Daan