Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yair Zohar <ya...@ard.huji.ac.il> on 2005/07/18 21:28:40 UTC

Request too long

Hello,
I'm building a web application on tomcat 4.1.18 which is connected to
apache 2 web server by ajp13 connector.
I get the response :

  Server Error

        The following error occurred:

        [code=HTTP_REQUEST_TOO_LONG] The HTTP request is too long.
        Contact your system administrator.

when I press the submit button of a form with an html textarea with
large amount of text.
When I reduce the amount of text in the textarea it works fine.
I assume it's a tomcat response because the apache usually gives an
error number.

Does anyone know if there is a place, in the conf files, to rise the
maximal length of the request accepted by tomcat?
Or, does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks ahead,
Yair.

Re: Request too long

Posted by Yair Zohar <ya...@ard.huji.ac.il>.
Mike Noel wrote:

> At 12:28 PM 7/18/2005, Yair wrote:
>
>>  Server Error
>>
>>        The following error occurred:
>>
>>        [code=HTTP_REQUEST_TOO_LONG] The HTTP request is too long.
>>        Contact your system administrator.
>

> Just a wild guess here but it sounds like you are using the GET method
> for your form?  There is a limit to the length of the URL for a GET.
> Try changing your form method to POST and see if that helps.
>
> _M_

Solved.
Thanks a lot.
Yair.