Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 15:20:34 UTC

Running the JMX Management Console inside eclipse

Hi all,

Once you deploy the relevant plugin jars within eclipse, you can run the
Management UI within eclipse. I don't see any drawback of this compared to
running it as a separate application. After all, the IDE integration is an
added plus. You will then not require running a script to get the Management
UI working, but simply start eclipse.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Running the JMX Management Console inside eclipse

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

Well separate in the sense, all that you need is to drop the jar to where
you have the other eclipse plugins. And, the Management UI will work within
eclipse. Therefore, there's absolutely no work required. You can even
utilize the package of the stand-alone version to achieve this.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marnie, Robert,

I think the main point is that for many users who are not developers
> and who won't be familiar with what eclipse is, it is useful to
> provide a package which can be installed and run without the need for
> further downloads/installations.

Yes, that point is safeguarded.

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marnie,

I don't think it is going to be an issue, as the JMX Management UI runs in
it's own perspective. Also, this does not require any additions to the
bundle. All what you have got to do is to drop the jar in where the rest of
the eclipse plugins are found.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.