Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2004/02/20 16:24:08 UTC

[poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

To satisfy our interest on an issue being discussed in [commons-build]
please answer this question.

Question:

Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?

[ ]No
[ ]Yes

-Mark

Re: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ya...@studylink.com>.
On Friday 20 Feb 2004 3:24 pm, you wrote:
> To satisfy our interest on an issue being discussed in [commons-build]
> please answer this question.
>
> Question:
>
> Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?
>
> [ X]No
> [ ]Yes
>
> -Mark

It's unrealistic to expect main stream sites to have to assume javascript
might be unavailable.

-Janek

Re: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> To satisfy our interest on an issue being discussed in [commons-build]
> please answer this question.
>
> Question:
>
> Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?

Is that really what you want to know? It doesn't matter what we, on
commons-dev, enable or disable in our browsers. The real question is what
our user base - which is much, much larger than the population of this
list - enables or disables.

I would be VERY uncomfortable with requiring the use of JavaScript to
navigate the Commons site, which I assume it where you're heading.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

>Lets focus on an automated
> maven build.

True, true ....

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer

Re: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
> > Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?
> >
> > [ X ]No
> > [ ]Yes

But I see no real need to tie us to javascript. Lets focus on an automated
maven build.
Stephen

Re: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by "Todd V. Jonker" <to...@consciouscode.com>.

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> To satisfy our interest on an issue being discussed in [commons-build]
> please answer this question.
>
> Question:
>
> Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?
>
> [ x ]No
> [ ]Yes

But I do agree with David here.

I'm usually able to avoid using javascript for this sort of thing by
using XSLT to build sites.
Things are dynamic in real-time, but each time you build they can
include navigation or
things from other files.

Re: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>
wrote:
> To satisfy our interest on an issue being discussed
> in [commons-build]
> please answer this question.
>
> Question:
>
> Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?
>
> [ ]No
> [x]Yes

partially. I would disable it competely if  yahoo
kept old non-javascript mail interface.

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich

RE: [poll][all] A very brief poll on your usage of javascript.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Do you disable javascript in your favorite browser?

[X]No
[ ]Yes