Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/05/29 18:35:29 UTC

[Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.0.0-RC4 Release Preparation

Hi All,

As planned I did a release build for 4.0.0-RC4 (TLP) release and it was
successful. All binary and source packages could be found at the following
location:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/releases/4.0.0-rc4/

We have made a request to create top level dist and release folders to
Apache Infra. Once those are ready we could move the packages accordingly
and start the vote.

For the time being please feel free to verify the 4.0.0-rc4 packages,
signatures and do a flow test.

Thanks
Imesh

Re: [Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.0.0-RC4 Release Preparation

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I did a complete installation (fresh) using above 4.0.0-rc4 release packs
> and could not find any problems:
>
> 1. Installed Stratos on an Ubuntu 12.04 fresh instance in EC2. Puppet
> master, ActiveMQ, Stratos (default-profile) were running in the same host.
> 2. Created two new cartridge images: default, php
> 3. Tested artifact deployment, subscription & autoscaling.
>
> I think we could now start the vote mail if anyone else did not find any
> problems.

+1

> Thanks
>

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After doing the initial 4.0.0-rc4 release build Mari found a problem in
>> Stratos dashboard  (in Autoscaling policy sample JSON) so I fixed it and
>> did another release build.
>>
>> Now latest 4.0.0-rc4 packages are available here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/
>>
>> Appreciate if few people could verify the packages before we start the
>> voting mail.
>>
>> 4.0.0-rc4 tag found be found here:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=commit;h=f5e756d8f61489c699d881be1cbf1ba0f0bbac2f
>>
>> Please note that 4.0.0 branch is still not ready for use, we need to
>> update the artefact versions which were set by the release build.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Today we were able to get the dev and release folders created thanks
>>> Apache Infra team. I have now created 4.0.0-RC4 folder in dev and uploaded
>>> all the files:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/
>>>
>>> This is the first vote that we are going to conduct after the graduation
>>> therefore we will try out best to make this a success. Please take few
>>> minutes to verify the content uploaded to above location, once we are ready
>>> we could start the vote.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Technical Lead, WSO2
>>> Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2
>> Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2
> Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.0.0-RC4 Release Preparation

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi All,