Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Cary Hart <Da...@TQMcube.com> on 2006/10/01 19:47:39 UTC

September Origination Summary

The usual caveat: I have no idea how representative our data is.

Most notable trends (IMO):

1. A considerable reduction in spam from Poland. While still much
higher than it was six months ago, it looks like the miscreants had
their run which resulted in increased filtering and many have moved
along to other areas.

2. It looks like they have moved back the to the USA which is now
origination close to 30% of the spam that we see. That's an increase
from 18% in August. I attribute this to a proliferation of new bots
and exploits. WHEN will Verizon, Comcast, RoadKill and Charter block
25 out? WHEN?

3. The South Korean share is almost doubled from August and back
where it was in July. The PRC share has reduced a tad.

4. Proportionate to spam origination, Brazil has a commanding lead in
removal requests. Someone named "Fabio" seems to be the administrator
of every server in Brazil. He has an odd attraction to the submission
button on the removal form resulting in multiple submissions on
almost every request. We recently prevented  this in the script code
but he's still trying.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org