Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/31 17:12:09 UTC

WizardStep "isComplete" and Next button interaction

When I create a WizardStep, I automatically call setComplete( false ).

When the user performs the necessary option (selects an item), I call
setComplete( true ).

However, the Next button is disabled even though I called setComplete( true
).

Actually, I found out that once you call setComplete( false ) or if
isComplete() returns false, the Next button will never become disabled.

I am currently using wicket-extensions-1.2.6 but with wicket 1.3.0 beta2

Re: WizardStep "isComplete" and Next button interaction

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/07, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dough,

erm *Doug* not Dough.

Re: WizardStep "isComplete" and Next button interaction

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dough,

I'll try to take a look at it this weekend.

Eelco

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/07, Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I create a WizardStep, I automatically call setComplete( false ).
>
> When the user performs the necessary option (selects an item), I call
> setComplete( true ).
>
> However, the Next button is disabled even though I called setComplete( true
> ).

Are you sure validation completed succesfully? Is it the last step?

This is the default way of looking whether the button should be active or not:

	public boolean isNextAvailable()
	{
		return activeStep.isComplete() && !isLastStep(activeStep);
	}

You can find that method (and override it if you wish) in WizardModel,
the default (and recommended) IWizardModel implementation.Set a break
point to find out what's going on.

> Actually, I found out that once you call setComplete( false ) or if
> isComplete() returns false, the Next button will never become disabled.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. Please, if you find out more and you
think this is a bug, file an issue in JIRA and assign it to me. Give
some code for context, or even a unit test or simple quickstart
project that proves the point.

> I am currently using wicket-extensions-1.2.6 but with wicket 1.3.0 beta2

Really? That's quite impossible I think , since 1.2.x and 1.3 or
incompatible. You should keep the versions of the two synchronized.

Eelco