Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Bakalsky, Krum" <kr...@sap.com> on 2010/05/13 14:28:32 UTC

Getting started with a mentor

Hi,

I remember a recent mail from Jacek, which mentioned working with a mentor on the project, as a possible option.
Is this option still available ?
Could I kindly ask for someone more experienced in the community to become my mentor ? :) I promise to be obedient :).
I suppose that this would bring a lot value to my OpenEJB knowledge base (still quite empty ...) and would ease my
integration into the community.
We could schedule some regular sessions for knowledge transfer and for common OpenEJB discussions.
I would definitely appreciate this approach, at least until I get to feel more comfortable with the project.

Cheers,
Krum.

Krum Bakalsky
Software Developer
TD Core JS Application Model & Development
SAP Labs Bulgaria
136 A Tzar Boris III Blvd.
1618 Sofia, Bulgaria
T   +359 2 8056-728
mailto:krum.bakalsky@sap.com
www.sap.com<file:///\\www.sap.com\>

Re: Getting started with a mentor

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On May 13, 2010, at 5:28 AM, Bakalsky, Krum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remember a recent mail from Jacek, which mentioned working with a mentor on the project, as a possible option.
> Is this option still available ?
> Could I kindly ask for someone more experienced in the community to become my mentor ? :) I promise to be obedient :).
> I suppose that this would bring a lot value to my OpenEJB knowledge base (still quite empty ...) and would ease my
> integration into the community.
> We could schedule some regular sessions for knowledge transfer and for common OpenEJB discussions.
> I would definitely appreciate this approach, at least until I get to feel more comfortable with the project.

Sure, if you hop on irc it's an easy place to ask "where do I find x" kind of questions.

  irc://irc.freenode.net/#openejb

I'm on there most of the time -- tend to leave it running even when sleeping, etc.

I've also frequently offered an info for docs exchange.  Will happily get on the phone and tell you what you want to know provided you help document it for everyone else.

-David