Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2009/04/27 14:50:43 UTC

Re: Feedback about the defaultfiredocs pub (was : Re: Add french translation to the default publication provided in lenya 2.0.2)

Hi André,

Florent André schrieb:
> A feedback on my try to use firedocs :

thanks for your feedback!

> -- ?? this is possible to test if the user have the firedocs installed on
> is firefox

IIRC the Uni Zurich uses such a script; I hope they would donate it to
us. Unless Thomas comes up with an answer first, I'll do some investigation.

> 2 - (more important), after install firedocs from the official site, I clic
> on the "tutoriel" page (a translation of the tutorial page). When I would
> like to edit it with firedocs :
> -- Firedocs begin to load and few time after I have au pop-up like that :
> --- title : problem opening document
> --- content : unsupported content type
> --- button : quit editor

To build the Firedocs package, you'd have to follow this how-to:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToInstallFiredocs

I don't think we can provide the package for download (licensing), but I
can send you the package if you don't want to build it yourself.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Thanks Vik ! It's work for me now.

I had some text about this problem in the firedoc's wiki page.

There is someone in touch with the firedocs dev community ? It could be
cool to show it this bug (If they don't know it for sure).

Have a good Day

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
Hi Florent,

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:48:56 +0200, Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>
wrote:
> Florent André schrieb:
>> Thanks Andreas and Thomas for your quick and effective replies !
>>
>> Just to do my "real user-end" :) :
>>
>> - Now we have a cool script (I don't try it now) and a lenya specific
>> .xpi
>> :
>> -- It will be really cool to do that :
>> --- If the user don't have firedocs set up, the script detect it, init
>> the
>> installation on firefox, and the user have just to accept the module
>> install (like with "standard" firefox's modules on the official site).
>>
>> ==> Do you think it's possible ?
>
> No idea, but I'm sure such a patch will be very much appreciated. Would
> you like to investigate? :)

This is a result of my little Sherlock Holmes time :

* a tutorial explain how it's work :
**
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Installing_Extensions_and_Themes_From_Web_Pages

* an example pick-up from the mozilla official site :
id="installTrigger28678" title="Ajouter Web Developer à Firefox"
addonName="Web Developer"
addonIcon="/en-US/firefox/images/addon_icon/60/1211254666"
addonHash="sha256:4d62c52037271b2e44c818a2d824ea920cff8ef9477bb78a3c1828b7a5ecf1f9"
onclick="return
install(event,document.getElementById('installTrigger28678').getAttribute('addonName'),
document.getElementById('installTrigger28678').getAttribute('addonIcon'),
        	<script type="text/javascript">
        installVersusDownloadCheck("installTrigger28678", "Ajouter à
Firefox ", "Télécharger ");
	</script>

* maybe, just an add off the install() function in the nice Thomas script
can be sufficient...

 I'm sorry, I really don't have time now to test a write of a patch, but
this is my first piece and If nobody implement this I sure do that one
day...

Thanks for this module
See you soon

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Florent André schrieb:

[…]

> I read the tutorial (after test :) ), but I think that it will be very
> important to have a download of the good .xpi (firedocs-lenya-full.xpi)
> directly from the pub (download suggested with the detection script ?).

I attached the XPI to the wiki page:

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:50:43 +0200, Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>
wrote:
> Hi André,
>
> Florent André schrieb:
>> A feedback on my try to use firedocs :
>
> thanks for your feedback!
>

>> -- ?? this is possible to test if the user have the firedocs installed
on
>> is firefox
>
> IIRC the Uni Zurich uses such a script; I hope they would donate it to
> us. Unless Thomas comes up with an answer first, I'll do some
> investigation.

I think it will be cool to have such a script.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Comiotto schrieb:

>> I don't think we can provide the package for download (licensing),

I thought Firedocs itself (not the Lenya add-on) was licensed under the
GPL, but apparently you chose the ASL, which is very good news :)

So I guess it's no problem to provide the full package for download.

For the record: If Firedocs used the GPL, the full package would be a
derivative work, and as such would have to be distributed under the GPL
as well, wouldn't it? I think that would contradict the ASF distribution
policies (assuming that a download is subject to those policies, which
I'm not sure of).

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Posted by Thomas Comiotto <th...@id.uzh.ch>.
Hi Andreas

> I don't think we can provide the package for download (licensing),

Why?

Thomas