Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Larry Cousin <ld...@mmm.com> on 2016/04/25 22:31:42 UTC

CPE GUI Jar issue

Hi,

I have a pipeline that has a  casProcessor descriptor in a jar file that gives me an error when I try to run it in the Eclipse CPE GUI.
The pipeline casProcessor has the following form:

<casProcessor deployment="integrated" name="annotateThis">
            <descriptor>
                <import name="com.a.b.c.aggregate.AProcessorAggregate"/>
           </descriptor>
</casProcessor>

I get the following type error when the pipeline is loaded (the aggregate definition file is in a Maven jar):

Could not load descriptor from URL
jar:file:/C:/Users/me/.m2/repository/com/a/b/c/1.2.3/Ajar-1.2.3.jar!/com/a/b/c/aggregate/AProcessorAggregate.xml
  CPR Configuator only supports file: URLs

So the system correctly translated "com.a.b.c.aggregate.AProcessorAggregate" into
jar:file:/C:/Users/me/.m2/repository/com/a/b/c/1.2.3/Ajar-1.2.3.jar!/com/a/b/c/aggregate/AProcessorAggregate.xml
and com/a/b/c/aggregate/APRocessorAggregate.xml is in the Jar /C:/Users/me/.m2/repository/com/a/b/c/1.2.3/Ajar-1.2.3.jar
but CPE GUI can't seem to use it.

Is there a way to reference this Jar aggregate xml definition file in a pipeline so Eclipse CPE GUI will not error out?

Thanks!

Re: CPE GUI Jar issue

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to add a link to documentation where import by location is described:

https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.imports

Jerry

Re: CPE GUI Jar issue

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.