Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jack Pepper <pe...@autoshun.org> on 2008/04/15 19:24:52 UTC

Need help with bobax rules

This info popped up on the emerging-Threats list.  I have watched our
mail servers and have confirmed that it works.

The problem is that my attempts to create Spamassin rules for it never
fire off.  Can I get some tutelage from the list on creating rules for
these unique conditions:

> Message IDs randomized, but always the same length per field, and
> uses "Message-Id" instead of "Message-ID":

> Intel from Joe Stewart at  Secureworks.
>
> Message-Id capitalized incorrectly, and EJXVWDA appears in the
> middle of the random prefix:

> Intel from Joe Stewart at  Secureworks.
>
> First group increments over time. Last group is the IP in hex backwards.
> Like so:

> Thanks again to Joe Stewart for the intel!

Any thing that hits is generated by bobax/kraken/oderoor and can be dropped.

jp
--
Framework?  I don't need no steenking framework!

@fferent Security Labs:  Isolate/Insulate/Innovate
http://www.afferentsecurity.com

Re: Need help with bobax rules

Posted by Jeremy Fairbrass <je...@fairbrass.co.nz>.
Are Henry's versions of these rules different to what Jack posted below, and if so, where can I find them? I'm still running SA
3.1.8 (unable to upgrade yet) so I wouldn't receive them if you've pushed them to the 3.2 sa-update.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by Jack Pepper <pe...@autoshun.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Fairbrass <gm...@jeremy.fairbrass.co.nz>.
HI Jack,

Posted by Jack Pepper <pe...@autoshun.org>.
I guess I don't need those rules.  I see now that INVALID_MSGID was
already catching them.

apologies for the noise on the list.

jp