Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Geeny In A Bottle Komanac <gi...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/03 01:53:24 UTC

Question

Does anyone know a free software virus protection for Windows 8.1 running
on an older laptop ?

Gina, RMT, Yoga Instructor (http://www.geenyinabottle.com)

Re: Question

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Web search is your friend.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+software+virus+protection+for+Windows+8.1&ia=web

Re: Question

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
Clamwin

Geeny In A Bottle Komanac <gi...@gmail.com> 於 2023年1月3日 週二 09:54 寫道:

Re: Question

Posted by Bret Busby <br...@busby.net>.
On 03/01/2023 09:53, Geeny In A Bottle Komanac wrote:
> Does anyone know a free software virus protection for Windows 8.1 running
> on an older laptop ?
>
> Gina, RMT, Yoga Instructor (http://www.geenyinabottle.com)

"AVG 2023 | FREE Antivirus, VPN & TuneUp for All Your Devices"
https://www.avg.com

That is probably the best one (it is the best that we had found, when
using MS Windows up to 8.x)

I now use Linux Mint Mate 21.1 (https://www.linuxmint.com/), which has
an interface like MS Windows 95, I think, with the way that I have
configured it, and it is (to me) easier to use that MS Windows, and,
will run Open Office and much more, free software.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia