Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Patrick Fulgence G.A." <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/04 06:16:40 UTC

Problem using FileUpload with Jsp page

Hi,

I'm working on a project using JSP and Apache Tomcat. I'm new to this
technology and I'm getting some problems when trying to upload a file from
the client post to my server.
I want to allow users to browse their computer for a file and upload it on
my server.
After that, I want to have a reference on the new uploaded to in order to
parse it for making some operations with it.
Can you help me please ?

--
p.f. Goudjo-Ako

Re: Problem using FileUpload with Jsp page

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 7/3/06, Patrick Fulgence G.A. <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project using JSP and Apache Tomcat. I'm new to this
> technology and I'm getting some problems when trying to upload a file from
> the client post to my server.
> I want to allow users to browse their computer for a file and upload it on
> my server.
> After that, I want to have a reference on the new uploaded to in order to
> parse it for making some operations with it.
> Can you help me please ?

Two suggestions:

1) Do your uploaded file handling in a servlet instead of a JSP page.
2) See the FileUpload User Guide for information on how to use the
component:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html

--
Martin Cooper