Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> on 2009/12/31 23:44:06 UTC

Making user visible improvements where we can without adversely affecting users

To address the concern about trying to add some more value to the 3.0 release why don't we look in JIRA to see if there is anything we might do like:

Things that can be added to the super-POM for example that if we do the merging rules correctly should be a benefit and not adversely affect users.

Something like:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2478

We could even go further here and provide some conventions for using properties files, and possibly go even further making some conventions for different environments using profiles. The goal being never having to configure anything for resource filtering.

Jörg, you raised this issue so maybe you want to run with it. But we can start small now with what we can where we might be able to add things that don't require a POM format change. We could probably do the integration lifecycle additions as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven