Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Horner, Jonathan J. (JH8) " <jh...@y12.doe.gov> on 2002/06/10 14:52:14 UTC

mod_proxy, now mod_rewrite, issue

Hi, all.

I'm having my problem again.

I am using Stronghold on Solaris to proxy content from port 80 on a machine
(Search engine), to port 443 on the same machine.  I do this to provide
authentication and encryption.

When I use a simply mod_proxy request to proxy the content, like so:

ProxyPass / http://some.IP/
ProxyPassReverse / http://some.IP/

All of my content gets jumbled, here is a copy of the html after it is
jumbled:

<snip>

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Ultraseek/3.1 Python/1.5.1
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:42:40 GMT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
</snip

Notice how the ending html tag comes before the content headers.

I changed the configuration to use mod_rewrite, and for a while, it didn't
have the same issue (a few hours, at least),
but now it does.  Here is my config:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://some.IP$1 [proxy]
ProxyRequests   on
NoCache         *
ProxyPassReverse / http://some.IP/

I have contacted my vendor, but have not been able to reach a solution.

I would appreciate any and all help in this matter.  This seems like a
serious enough issue as to warrant some attention from someone.

Version information:
 Stronghold/3.0 Apache/1.3.12 C2NetEU/3012 (Unix) PHP/3.0.16 mod_ssl/2.6.4
OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.22 configured

Thanks,

Jon Horner, CISSP
SAIC WebPool