Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ps_sra <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/27 00:29:02 UTC

Solr 3.6 issue - DataImportHandler with CachedSqlEntityProcessor not importing all multi-valued fields

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this question.  If not, please
excuse.

I'm trying to use the DataImportHandler with
processor="CachedSqlEntityProcessor" to speed up import from an RDBMS. While
processor="CachedSqlEntityProcessor" is much faster than
processor="SqlEntityProcessor", the resulting Solr index does not contain
multi-valued fields on sub-entities.

So, for example, my db-data-config.xml has the following structure:

<document>
		<entity name="foo" 	pk="id"
							processor="SqlEntityProcessor"
							query="SELECT 	f.id AS foo_id,
										f.name AS foo_name
								     FROM 	foo f"

			<field column="foo_id" name="foo_id" />
			<field column="foo_name" name="foo_name" />

			<entity name="bar" processor="CachedSqlEntityProcessor"
									query="SELECT 	b.name as bar_name
										    FROM 	bar b
										   WHERE 	b.id = '${foo.id}'"

                                 <field column="bar_name" name="bar_name" />
                        </entity>

		</entity>
</document>

where the database relationship foo:bar is 1:m.

The issue is that when I import with processor="SqlEntityProcessor" ,
everything works fine and the multi-valued field - "bar_name" has multiple
values, while importing with processor="CachedSqlEntityProcessor" does not
even create the "bar_name" field in the index.

I've deployed Solr 3.6 on Weblogic 11g, with the patch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3360 applied.

Any help on this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,
ps

Re: Solr 3.6 issue - DataImportHandler with CachedSqlEntityProcessor not importing all multi-valued fields

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
It's hard to troubleshoot without debug logs. Pls pay attention that
regular configuration for CachedSqlEP is slightly different

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#CachedSqlEntityProcessor
see

  where="xid=x.id"

Sincerely yours