Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ra...@tcs.com on 2006/07/18 16:45:10 UTC

SendMailTransformer : problems in constructing email body using XSL

Hi,

I'm using cocoon "send mail transformer".

In this case, I am writing an XSL to construct the required email format.
In this XSL I'm accessing all the request parameters from the form (of
course through sitemap.xmap). I want to insert these request parameters
inside "<email:body>" (assuming 'email' as the namespace
"http://apache.org/cocoon/transformers/sendmail") but each on a new line
("\r \n").

I'm having some problems in giving new line feed inside this <email:body>
tag. As whatever email I get as an output, shows all the parameter values
on a single line only.

Can you please suggest any way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: SendMailTransformer : problems in constructing email body using XSL

Posted by 32...@gmail.com.
Hi Rahul,

I think we both are doing the same thing, or at least similar. I've got a
form with an HTMLAREA, that's supposed to be the body. After that, I want to
add a fixed signature, in a new line, that is the same for every outgoing
mail.
The part of my sendmail stylesheet looks like that: (#{data1} is the content
of my htmlarea)

<email:body>#{data1}&lt;br/&gt;my signature</email:body>

So accessing a new line works for me via masking (sorry if its the wrong
word) of normal HTML.
HTH
Marco