Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2004/03/19 09:58:55 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Hello, not aswer to me!! I NEED HELP URGENT

Do you not read the other posts on the list?

This exact question came up a few days ago and was answered thoroughly:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=107962158505422&w=2

To summarise: There is NO PROBLEM with your apache installation. It is
only "nessus scan" which thinks it has found a problem. TRACE is *not* a
real vulnerability. Also, have you confirmed that apache is *really*
responding to the TRACE request?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> [...]
>
> echo "Instalando APACHE + mod_perl"
>
> cd mod_perl-1.29
> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.29/src DO_HTTPD=1
> USE_APACI=1EVERYTHING=1 APACI_ARGS='--prefix=/usr/local/apache
> --disable-module=all --server-uid=apache --server-gid=apache
> --enable-module=access --enable-module=log_config --enable-module=dir
> --enable-module=mime --enable-module=auth
> --activate-module=src/modules/fastcgi/libfastcgi.a
> --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a'
> make
> make test
> make install
> chown -R root:sys /usr/local/apache
>
> and i run the nessus scan to view vulnerabilities and i
> follow this error in
> apache:
>

> Your webserver supports the TRACE and/or TRACK methods. TRACE
> and TRACK
> are HTTP methods which are used to debug web server connections.
>
> It has been shown that servers supporting this method are subject
> to cross-site-scripting attacks, dubbed XST for
> "Cross-Site-Tracing", when used in conjunction with
> various weaknesses in browsers.
>
> An attacker may use this flaw to trick your
> legitimate web users to give him their
> credentials.
>
> Solution: Disable these methods.
>

> If you are using Apache, add the following lines for each virtual
> host in your configuration file :
>
>     RewriteEngine on
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
>     RewriteRule .* - [F]
>
> If you are using Microsoft IIS, use the URLScan tool to deny
> HTTP TRACE
> requests or to permit only the methods needed to meet site
> requirements
> and policy.
>
> If you are using Sun ONE Web Server releases 6.0 SP2 and
> later, add the
> following to the default object section in obj.conf:
>     <Client method="TRACE">
>      AuthTrans fn="set-variable"
>      remove-headers="transfer-encoding"
>      set-headers="content-length: -1"
>      error="501"
>     </Client>
>
> If you are using Sun ONE Web Server releases 6.0 SP2 or below, compile
> the NSAPI plugin located at:
>    http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsalert%2F50603
>

> See http://www.whitehatsec.com/press_releases/WH-PR-20030120.pdf
>     http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/vulnwatch/2003-q1/0035.html
>     http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsalert%2F50603
>     http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/867593
>
> Risk factor : Medium
>

> I need help i do stop this, my procediments is:
> add lines:
>
> RewriteEngine on
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
>     RewriteRule .* - [F]
>
> and i
>
> add in my configure with any vhost this lines...
>
> i need help.... =)

> MSN Messenger: instale grátis e converse com seus amigos.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.