Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2016/07/03 15:02:45 UTC

Re: Adding an Administrator UI to Knox

Hi Zac -

This is a great idea and definitely something that is needed.
We definitely need to consider the issue of synchronization across multiple
instances.

Zookeeper may be a solution toward that end but we will have to carefully
consider the eventual consistency of ZK.
I have a paper somewhere about using it for such a purpose and will get it
into the wiki or something if it is still relevant.

In addition to the topology features you list we could also include the
ability to add/edit service definitions for API and UI proxying.

I think that we have JIRA for your previous thoughts on this already - so
we can continue discussion there or you can file another one.

thanks,

--larry