Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 10:22:54 UTC

Re: Implementing Chart of Accounts for Switzerland (Or any country for that matter)

I've not come much further on this topic. I started creating my own CoA but
having problems filling out the fields glAccountClassId and
glAccountTypeId.
I did find some explanation about those fields in
the ManagerReferenceAccounting.pdf, but i am still unsure if i'm on the
right track.

Are there any German speaking people in this mailing list? Or someone who
has done this before?
This is my very first task in ofbiz... so i'm kind of lost.

I've found the translations of this classes and types
in config/AccountingEntityLabels.xml but i lack some explaining...

Are there any accounts that absolutley have to be used or are all of them
more or less optional and ofbiz knows of its own what to do whith the one
available?

Regards,
Adrian

Posted by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques

We're currently working with this tree. But as it seems the paths are not
absolute.

glAccountId=300000 -> Equity (Equity)is
glAccountId=310000 -> OwnersEquity (Equity - OwnersEquity)
glAccountId=311000 -> ReturnOfCapital (Distribution - ReturnOfCapital)

While the first two are in the same branch, ReturnOfCapital is in the
Branch of Distribution.

This tells us that it is not important to stay in one branch but instead it
is sometimes necessary to switch branches like in the example above.

Is there some policy for the usage of this classes? And also ist there a
similiar list for the glAccountTypeId's?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor

Posted by Igor Gallingani <ig...@gmail.com>.