Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by chenwei qi <qi...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/09 12:45:08 UTC

Upcoming Event: Apache Dubbo(incubating) Guangzhou Meetup

Hi all,

The upcoming Apache Dubbo meetup will be held on Jan.19, 2019 in Guangzhou,
China. The meetup will be held into 2 parts:

   - 9:30-11:30   End User Discussion
   - 13:30-18:00 Seven Talks

The morning discussion is invitation only, if you are interested in it,
please click: http://hdxu.cn/MF9ud, fill the registration form and survey
seriously. An invitation will be sent to you in advance after we check.

We warmly welcome your attending to the meetup and here is the details:

   - *Date:* Jan.19, 2019  9:30-18:00
   - *Location: * A320, A321 in Yinbao Building, No.289 of Guangzhou
Avenue, Yuexiu
   District, Guangzhou

*👉 Register the meetup <http://hdxu.cn/MF9ud>*

If you cannot attend the meetup offline, we recommend you attend the meetup
in following ways:
*👉 online
<https://yq.aliyun.com/live/795?spm=a2c4e.11155435.0.0.46017796aRkuDq> *
*👉 Participate the survey <http://alibabadeveloper.mikecrm.com/MCqRhon>*

[image: EDM邮件设计-广州---12.25英文.png]

Yours,
Baike

Re: Upcoming Event: Apache Dubbo(incubating) Guangzhou Meetup

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
> 9:30-11:30   End User Discussion
> 13:30-18:00 Seven Talks
Thanks for the schedule reminding. From one previous discussion thread[1] I can learn what the ’Seven Talks’ are, but I don’t know that there will be an ‘End User Discussion’, so what will the discussion purposely focusing on?

When you say ‘check’, you mean only check those attendees willing to join the discussion, right?

1.https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/45364fe72f1b2c7bfb1d01f736316775c9ca99a0d9964c68dfa043e3@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

Jun

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 4:37 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/01/2019 15:05, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> > Hi Mark,

> >> You appear to have missed the key point.
> >>
> >> A whole bunch of decisions appear to have been made about a Dubbo event
> >> with ZERO discussion of those decisions on any Dubbo mailing list.
> >> Public or private.
> >
> > The discussion happened on mailing list from initializing the
> > event[1], calling for talks [2] to the schedule[3].
> > The process for invite a small group of users was discussed there[3].
>
> No, it wasn't. The decision to have an "End User Discussion" session was
> made entirely off-list. There was no discussion of the criteria that
> would be used to select invites either yet from somewhere (i.e. not on
> list) a survey was developed that attendees had to fill in if they
> wanted to be invited to this session.

Right, since there is still one week before the event, let's discuss
it from now.

> Neither was there any discussion of which talks to select or any other
> aspect of the schedule on-list before the final schedule was presented.

In next meetup, we should discuss the schedule privately before
announcing the schedule.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Upcoming Event: Apache Dubbo(incubating) Guangzhou Meetup

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10/01/2019 08:59, chenwei qi wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Thanks for your kindly review. I will answer your questions orderly as
> > following:
> >
> >> Who is the "we" that will be checking?
> > The PPMC members will check the list and they will decide the checking
> > date. As the meetup will be held on Jan.19, I suggest the check works from
> > Jan.14 to Jan.16, last 3 days.
> >
> >> What will they be checking for?
> > As it is the 1st time Apache Dubbo™ Meetup will be held in Guangzhou, face
> > to face discussion among deep users there can be useful. But the meetup
> > registration can be up to 300-400, too many for discussion. Check from the
> > registration information is to select out the deep user.
> >
> >> Where is the on-list discussion that decided a) that checking was
> > required and b) what to check for?
> > The criteria of user selection is not suitable to be discussed publicly, I
> > think it is better to discuss with Dubbo PPMC privately.
>
> You appear to have missed the key point.
>
> A whole bunch of decisions appear to have been made about a Dubbo event
> with ZERO discussion of those decisions on any Dubbo mailing list.
> Public or private.

The discussion happened on mailing list from initializing the
event[1], calling for talks [2] to the schedule[3].
The process for invite a small group of users was discussed there[3].

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ff3a0797e15256738280647f6604e7f5f8eaf6299efe859ced85b5f0@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/45364fe72f1b2c7bfb1d01f736316775c9ca99a0d9964c68dfa043e3@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ef1b4e039954554082a15faa78bc04b234d04348aaa46d816a690339@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

> That is simply not how podlings are expected to
> operate. What is most worrying is that at no point did any PPMC member
> say during these off-list discussions "Hang on. We should be doing this
> on the mailing list."

I think there is some misunderstanding about who should be running the
event. It is the PPMCs who should be running this event, but the fact
is that most of the work are done by organizers, rather than PPMCs. I
didn't pay too much attention on this, which is my fault and I agree

--
Best Regards!

Huxing

Re: Upcoming Event: Apache Dubbo(incubating) Guangzhou Meetup

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/01/2019 08:59, chenwei qi wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your kindly review. I will answer your questions orderly as
> following:
>
>> Who is the "we" that will be checking?
> The PPMC members will check the list and they will decide the checking
> date. As the meetup will be held on Jan.19, I suggest the check works from
> Jan.14 to Jan.16, last 3 days.
>
>> What will they be checking for?
> As it is the 1st time Apache Dubbo™ Meetup will be held in Guangzhou, face
> to face discussion among deep users there can be useful. But the meetup
> registration can be up to 300-400, too many for discussion. Check from the
> registration information is to select out the deep user.
>
>> Where is the on-list discussion that decided a) that checking was
> required and b) what to check for?
> The criteria of user selection is not suitable to be discussed publicly, I
> think it is better to discuss with Dubbo PPMC privately.

You appear to have missed the key point.

A whole bunch of decisions appear to have been made about a Dubbo event
with ZERO discussion of those decisions on any Dubbo mailing list.
Public or private. That is simply not how podlings are expected to

Posted by chenwei qi <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kindly review. I will answer your questions orderly as
following:

> Who is the "we" that will be checking?
The PPMC members will check the list and they will decide the checking
date. As the meetup will be held on Jan.19, I suggest the check works from
Jan.14 to Jan.16, last 3 days.

> What will they be checking for?
As it is the 1st time Apache Dubbo™ Meetup will be held in Guangzhou, face
to face discussion among deep users there can be useful. But the meetup
registration can be up to 300-400, too many for discussion. Check from the
registration information is to select out the deep user.

> Where is the on-list discussion that decided a) that checking was
required and b) what to check for?
The criteria of user selection is not suitable to be discussed publicly, I
think it is better to discuss with Dubbo PPMC privately.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Yours,
Baike

Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> 于2019年1月9日周三 下午11:20写道:

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.