Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 22:16:03 UTC

Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Hi all,

The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
Foundation!

Go forth! Be merry!

Cheers,
-g

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Congrats! Subversion looks way more inviting when it has Apache in
front of it ;-)

Eelco

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 06:12:37PM +0100, Johan Compagner wrote:
> > >From branch to 1.7.0 is probably at least a couple months.  Possibly
>
> >  > longer.  Depends on what shape trunk is in (especially the new working
> > > copy format) at the time of branching.
> >
> > I don't think we'll branch before wc-ng is deemed stable.
> > Porting changes back and forth would be a nightmare otherwise.
> >
> > Stefan
> >

> That would be then a very good start to improve also the
> merging/reintegration :)
> So that the next time that porting changes back and forth would be a walk in
> the park.. ;)

That's a bit of a chicken and egg problem :)

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>.
[Johan Compagner]

--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>.
[Johan Compagner]

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
i was also looking at: http://subversion.apache.org/roadmap.html

and i dont know what it means if you guys say "branch 1.7" does that mean a
release is created, or does it mean a branch is created and now 1.7 will
first be tested and all the new features are tested and the bugs ironed out.

I was triggered by 1.7 because of the "centralized metadata storage" thats
in my eyes pretty big.
Had some discussion about this for subclipse pluing with Mark Phippard and
he pointed out that that centralized was coming.
Hopefully that will fix a lot of issues in eclipse with
moves/copy,paste/deletes of dirs and so on.
Because currently if you move a dir then under eclipse that dir cant be
really deleted because of the svn data. And then if you do more stuff this
can become a mess

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 15:01, Hyrum K. Wright <hyrum_wright@mail.utexas.edu

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by James Bailey <ja...@wandisco.com>.
Summer :)

http://subversion.wandisco.com/component/content/article/1/44.html

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> congrats!
> do we now get a 1.7 release asap?  ;)
> I really like the features that where proposed!
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 22:16, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
> > the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
> > Foundation!
> >
> > Go forth! Be merry!
> >

> > Cheers,
> > -g

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Community Site Engineer
Subversion Community Site:

Posted by James Bailey <ja...@wandisco.com>.
Summer :)

http://subversion.wandisco.com/component/content/article/1/44.html

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> congrats!
> do we now get a 1.7 release asap?  ;)
> I really like the features that where proposed!
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 22:16, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
> > the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
> > Foundation!
> >
> > Go forth! Be merry!
> >

> > Cheers,
> > -g

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Community Site Engineer
Subversion Community Site:

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
congrats!

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
congrats!

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/17/10 4:16 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
>> the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
>> Foundation!
>>
>> Go forth! Be merry!
>>

> Congrats!

+1

- robert

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
On 2/17/10 4:16 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
> the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
> Foundation!
>
> Go forth! Be merry!

Congrats!

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
James Carman wrote:
> Perhaps we should change the logo on the top right of
> http://subversion.apache.org.  It still says incubator.

Agreed.  Done.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
It was, yeah. I had infra kick it, and am seeking further
data/solutions if it happens again...

Thx!

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all!

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all!

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@wandisco.com>.
Hooray!

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Congrats to Subversion. Glad to see you guys here.

Ah, the good memories of the day when I discovered SVN and source
control stopped being a pain. Keep up the good work!

Andrus

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@wandisco.com>.
Hooray!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Long time coming, Greg. Congrats to the SVN community!

Cheers,
Chris

On 2/17/10 1:16 PM, "Greg Stein" <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

The ASF Board just voted to approve the graduation of Subversion from
the Incubator. We are now an official project of the Apache Software
Foundation!

Go forth! Be merry!

Cheers,
-g

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Subversion is now an official ASF project!