Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bala M <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/25 00:46:13 UTC

Memory Usage limit in ActiveMQ 4.1.2 and ActiveMQ 5.1.0

Hi,

Could you please explain usage of the elements "memoryUsage, storeUsage and
tempUsage"? I searched this forum, but I am not clear on this topic.

Also , what should the maximum limit for these elements?

       <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

Thank you!

-Bala

Re: Memory Usage limit in ActiveMQ 4.1.2 and ActiveMQ 5.1.0

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
In version 5.2 - we can optionally send advisories when limits are
reached - see http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html
Hopefully 5.2 will be released soon

cheers,

Rob

Posted by Ramdas Sawant <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Ramdas Sawant <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by wuxz <wo...@hotmail.com>.
As rajdavies said, you can wait for v5.2,  or you can check the queue size
before sending message frequently?

Posted by Ramdas Sawant <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wuxz <wo...@hotmail.com>.