Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/09/17 20:09:37 UTC

Current status of Tomcat

To anyone that might have relevant experience:

In the near future, we will be adding just under 2000 virtual hosts to a
service we provide (linux/tomcat/apache config).  Currently, every single
host uses the same application, which resides in $tomcat_home$/lib and
$tomcat_home$/classes.  Our application currently uses tomcat 3.2.1
connected to apache.  Starting in October, we will integrate all these hosts
over a period of 3 months.  Is there anything I should be aware of before
making final decisions, and would it be wise to upgrade to a more current
version of Tomcat (4.0, no experience with it) before going forward?  Thank
you for any input!

Brandon Cruz
Norvax Inc.
phone:(773)529-5700