Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hackingbear <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/26 18:12:33 UTC

Number of JMS connections per app server

Hi,

Our server currently creates one JMS connection and then create sessions for
each listener. So it means all listeners are sharing the sae connection. I
believe this is the standard JMS practice. The question whether such
arrangement would affect performance. i.e. could a slow listener blocks the
traffic of other incoming and outgoing JMS messages?

I would understand that JMS broker should multiplex the messages into the
final TCP/IP connection. but the application codes and the JMS broker are
running in Java which would be much slower than raw TCP/IP connections. so
even if the listeners are running in multiple thread, but would one
sending/receiver still block others more than necessary?

Should I change the use more than one JMS connections in a server?

Thanks a lot!