Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Frost, Gary [IT]" <Ga...@citigroup.com> on 2003/06/06 02:17:01 UTC

RE: Validator in Struts 1.1

I've been emailed privately a couple of time about the commons-validator not
being able to resolve the validator dtd's internally and therefore trying to
resolve it over the internet (and being blocked by firewall restrictions)...

So I thought I should put it on the list...  I belive the information I've
given is correct, but perhaps some of the experts could confirm...  Details
are given in the email below

Thanks
Gary

From: Jorge Martins
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:41:25 -0800

This happened to me too...
Defining a proxy within the Tomcat JVM using the
CATALINA_OPTS
environment variable solved my problem...

CATALINA_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<proxy-name>
-DproxyPort=<proxy-port>

jorge
**

Could you explain me what shall i put in <proxy-name>
and <proxy-port> please ?

Thanks a lot, Frederic (France)

RE: Validator in Struts 1.1

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Frost, Gary [IT] wrote:

> I've been emailed privately a couple of time about the commons-validator not
> being able to resolve the validator dtd's internally and therefore trying to
> resolve it over the internet (and being blocked by firewall restrictions)...
>
> So I thought I should put it on the list...  I belive the information I've
> given is correct, but perhaps some of the experts could confirm...  Details
> are given in the email below

Yes, this is correct. Recent builds, including the Commons Validator 1.0.2
release, will successfully resolve the 1.0 and 1.0.1 DTDs locally, without
having to hit the network.

--
Martin Cooper