Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/16 12:27:28 UTC

[IMAP] I'll Be Back (But Only For A Week)

my exams are next week. once they're done, i'll have a few free days
before the start of the next semester. i was thinking about doing some
IMAP hacking then but i was wondering...

1. whether it might be better for me to use this time to outline some
design documents for some easy but useful new features. IMHO a good
way to learn a design is to code so if there are people with hacking
cycles, that'd be a good way to start some design docs

2. whether there are any bugs/features where my input would be
particularly useful

(posting early so people have some time to discuss and think but i
won't read any replies until the end of next week)

- robert

Re: [IMAP] I'll Be Back (But Only For A Week)

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I have a few ideas regarding IMAP but I will put them in another
thread. Anyway I think the missing documentation in IMAP is a big
problem for people who are interested in implementing costum Storages
etc. So I think it would be a good idea to write down some
documentation and publish it + publish the javadocs on the imap
website.

Improving the javadocs would be a good idea too..

Bye,
Norman