Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com> on 1998/07/08 21:29:29 UTC

profiling httpd

If Dean or somebody has tips on running httpd with gprof could you
please pass them along?  Or maybe a new page on dev.apache.org?  I know
there's a few CFLAGS needed and some changes for LIBS?
Plus a child_exit trick?

Thanks,
-Doug

Re: profiling httpd

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I don't remember if I committed my latest hack for this.

No it looks like I didn't.

In child_exit() do something like this:

#ifdef GPROF
	char buf[512];

	ap_snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "/tmp/gprof.%d", getpid());
	chdir(buf);
#endif

I think that's it... you just want to make sure each child has a
different current directory before exit (so that it'll plop gmon.out
somewhere different).  If you get it to work, could you commit it?
I think I lost that working copy at some point.

Compile with -DGPROF and it'll tweak settings so that you skip profiling
the configuration/setup code.

Remember to add -lc_p to EXTRA_LIBS.

Dean