Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/09/20 17:50:52 UTC

[Axis2] AxisFault

The Axis2 fault is a lot more minimal than the Axis1 one. Is the reason
for this just lack of time/effort, or does it reflect a different view
on how SOAPFaults should be handled?

-steve

Re: [Axis2] AxisFault

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
>> Eran Chinthaka wrote:
>>
>>> See here (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-232).
>>>
>>> Just added a JIRA to make sure we will keep track of this.
>>>
>>> Thanks Steve for the comments (and for the disappointing blog entry
>>> ;-) )
>>>

>> oh dont take it personally.
>

> Nothing is personal :-)
>

>> I quite like one aspect of the design, the interface to get info from
>> the fault. I just think we could
>>  -extend the interface to ask for the entire soap OM if the class will
>> provide it (optional? separate interface?)
>>  -add those other bits of SOAP1.2 faults (actor?)
>>  -add access to the OM of the details inside the fault
>>  -get things like stack trace, hostname in there; do it consistent
>> with the axis1 namespaces
>>
>> I'm doing faults in my own code now; I may try and extend Axis to meet
>> my needs but am constrained by
>>  -it wont build on a java1.5 system
>

> I think Dims fixed this. Is this due to SAAJ ?

yeah. I'll check if it is fixed.

>>  -I dont want to break everything before the next alpha
>

> Good. Lets keep it for post-alpha. But lets do it after alpha ;-)

Ok. Meantimes, how about fixing lines 182-185 of HttpTransportUtils to
not create a new axis fault when they get one inside:

         } catch (AxisFault e) {
             throw new AxisFault(e);
         }

Re: [Axis2] AxisFault

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

Steve Loughran wrote:

> Eran Chinthaka wrote:
>
>> See here (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-232).
>>
>> Just added a JIRA to make sure we will keep track of this.
>>
>> Thanks Steve for the comments (and for the disappointing blog entry
>> ;-) )
>>

> oh dont take it personally.

Nothing is personal :-)

> I quite like one aspect of the design, the interface to get info from
> the fault. I just think we could
>  -extend the interface to ask for the entire soap OM if the class will
> provide it (optional? separate interface?)
>  -add those other bits of SOAP1.2 faults (actor?)
>  -add access to the OM of the details inside the fault
>  -get things like stack trace, hostname in there; do it consistent
> with the axis1 namespaces
>
> I'm doing faults in my own code now; I may try and extend Axis to meet
> my needs but am constrained by
>  -it wont build on a java1.5 system

I think Dims fixed this. Is this due to SAAJ ?

>  -I dont want to break everything before the next alpha

Good. Lets keep it for post-alpha. But lets do it after alpha ;-)

-- Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] AxisFault

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [Axis2] AxisFault