Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Gurule' <rg...@lanl.gov> on 2010/01/22 18:07:16 UTC

java out of memory PERMGEN space Problem

I get a java.lanl.OutOfMemoryError when I attempt a

command line build  $mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true

any suggestions,

Thanks,

Robert

Re: java out of memory PERMGEN space Problem

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/1/22 Mario Zsilak <ma...@inew-cs.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same issue today.
> AFAIK there  is some kind of memory leak in maven2.
>
> try the following ( linux ):
>
>   export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
>   mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true
>
> I know this is not the correct way, but at least you should be able to build
> james :)

AFAIK this *is* the correct way ;-)
(I usually only set the -Xmx, and this probably relates to some maven
plugin not freeing memory)

Stefano

Re: java out of memory PERMGEN space Problem

Posted by Mario Zsilak <ma...@inew-cs.com>.
Hi,

I had the same issue today.
AFAIK there  is some kind of memory leak in maven2.

try the following ( linux ):

    export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
    mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true

I know this is not the correct way, but at least you should be able to
build james :)

kind regards,
Mario