Posted to builds@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/04 19:50:14 UTC

[Buildbot] does not seem to preserve downloads

The JMeter build downloads all its external dependencies.

This is expensive, so they are normally kept between builds.

Buildbot seems to keep clearing out the downloaded files.

RE: [Buildbot] does not seem to preserve downloads

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Yeah, 99.99% of all our builds run in 'clobber' mode - that is the whole
build
directory gets deleted and a fresh 'svn co' is performed.

See  r799926 where I changed from 'clobber' to 'update' . This mode will not
delete the build dir and will only perform a 'svn up'. On occasion builds
can
get dirty and may  need a cleanout once in a while, please keep an eye out
if that is required.

A third method is 'copy' mode. That is, the build dir does not get
clobbered, but a
fresh checkout of the svn tree is performed into a neutral directory. We can
try
this method later down the road of the other proves troublesome.

Gav...