Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Adam Bellemare <ad...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/30 14:47:14 UTC

[VOTE] - KIP-213 Support non-key joining in KTable

Hi All

I would like to call a vote on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-213+Support+non-key+joining+in+KTable.
This allows a Kafka Streams DSL user to perform KTable to KTable
foreign-key joins on their data. I have been using this in production for
some time and I have composed a PR that enables this. It is a fairly
extensive PR, but I believe it will add considerable value to the Kafka
Streams DSL.

The PR can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5527

See http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201810.mbox/browser
for previous discussion thread.

I would also like to give a shout-out to Jan Filipiak who helped me out
greatly in this project, and who led the initial work into this problem.
Without Jan's help and insight I do not think this would have been possible
to get to this point.

Adam

Re: [VOTE] - KIP-213 Support non-key joining in KTable

Posted by Jan Filipiak <Ja...@trivago.com>.
Hi Adam,

congrats for pulling it of! As I mentioned its not something I can use
in can / would use in production. So I am throwing a non binding minus
one in here.

I don't expect it todo any harm for the vote.

Thanks for the credits :)

Best Jan

Posted by Jan Filipiak <Ja...@trivago.com>.

Posted by Adam Bellemare <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi John

By all means, reply how you wish! I am interested in ensuring that everything has been addressed.

Thanks

Posted by John Roesler <jo...@confluent.io>.
Hey Adam,

Posted by Adam Bellemare <ad...@gmail.com>.