Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/10/18 16:21:07 UTC

Re: enabling htdig (or another searcher/indexer) on forrest 0.5 for static site

Johan ANDRIES wrote:
> Until now we’ve been using a relatively old Forrest cvs distribution
> (Forrest 0.4) where we used a patch in the Forrest-site skin in order
> to allow us to use a htdig search on our static forrest website
> instead of Google.
>
> I’ve upgraded to Forrest 0.5.1, tried to apply this patch on the
> Forrest-site skin again. However, now it doesn’t seem to work anymore.
> The patch is (in site2xhtml.xml of the forrest-site skin:
<snip/>

>             <form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">
>
> And the error we’re getting now is:
>
> X [0]                       /cgi-bin/htsearch   BROKEN: No pipeline
> matched request: /cgi-bin/htsearch

Is this an actual error? Did your site still build properly?

Look at src/resources/conf/cli.xconf and follow the example to ignore
stuff with "<exclude pattern=..."

--David

RE: enabling htdig (or another searcher/indexer) on forrest 0.5for static site

Posted by Johan Andries <ja...@schaubroeck.be>.
Hi David,

The error we get after applying the htdig patch is indeed an actual error,
the build reports as "failed" although most web pages have been generated
correctly. I'll try the "<exclude pattern=..." solution asap and post the
results on the list.

Thanks!
Johan