Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Parth Bhagat <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/17 05:36:51 UTC

Excel: Page setup Align with page margins

I am using Apache POI API for Excel file manipulation. Excel file is generated from Jasper Report. Generated Excel from Jasper Report is fine. What I want is some additional things which Jasper Report do not support. Like adding print page setup - Header and Footer thing. I have ignored border margins on each Excel pages. But when I add header and footer, they are printed with some margin. Then observed that there is a checkbox on Page Setup page on MS Excel.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/JcfaC.png

Here Align with page margins checkbox controls margin on Header and Footer. If this checkbox is checked then it will have same margin as excel page.

Question: There is no feature we can control Align with page margins checkbox, alteast not a direct way. Can we have this feature added to Apache POI?

Here is link from main thread at stackoverflow.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42817318/apache-poi-excel-page-setup-align-with-page-margins

Thank you. :)