Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2004/01/14 20:48:53 UTC

detecting which project instance

...another noob question :-)

Certain parts of my Cocoon application will need to know whether their
context is that of the development instance of the project, or the
production instance.   As near as I can tell, those parts include (at
least) some stylesheets, and Hibernate.  It may turn out that there are
other bits that need to know as well, but these two are the ones I'm
sure of at this time.

My thought is that I'd prefer to have to hard-code as little of this as
possible, so that promoting changes from development to production
(using rsync or whatever) is as simple as possible.

I figure, to get this into the stylesheets, I can use the RequestURI
Input Module, do some munging on the URI, and set a sitemap parameter
to call the transformers with — maybe sticking all this in a resource
for my pipelines to call.

As for Hibernate, I suspect I'll probably have to hard-code some
configuration there.  I haven't really opened the box on hibernate yet,
so I don't know.

Anyway, I'm sure others have had to do this same kind of things...
anybody have any good patterns for this, advice etc.?

Thanks a lot,
~ML