Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Voytek Jarnot <vo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/01 04:11:33 UTC

nodetool tablestats reporting local read count of 0, incorrectly

Cassandra 3.9

Have a keyspace with 5 tables, one of which is exhibiting rather poor read
performance. In starting an attempt to get to the bottom of the issues, I
noticed that, when running nodetool tablestats against the keyspace, that
particular table reports "Local read count: 0" on all nodes - which is
incorrect.

It tallies "Local write count", presumably correctly, as at least it's not
0. Other tables in the keyspace do not exhibit this behavior, as they
provide non-zero numbers for both read and write values.

Is this perhaps indicative of a deeper issue with this particular table?

Thank you.

Re: nodetool tablestats reporting local read count of 0, incorrectly

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@apache.org>.

On 2017-04-03 12:42 (-0700), Voytek Jarnot <vo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Continuing to grasp at straws...
>
> Is it possible that indexing is modifying the read path such that the
> tablestats/tablehistograms output is no longer trustworthy?  I notice more
> realistic "local read count" numbers on tables which do not utilize SASI.
>
> Would greatly appreciate any thoughts,
> Thanks.

Not the most ridiculous thought, though that would not be expected. Would be great if you could open a JIRA.

Re: nodetool tablestats reporting local read count of 0, incorrectly

Posted by Voytek Jarnot <vo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Voytek Jarnot <vo...@gmail.com>.