Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2002/07/05 08:40:08 UTC

Feature of esql:get-xml?

Dear Group

I am starting to use hsqldb for some parts of Wyona.

I had problems returning XML/XHTML from a table field,
for instance

DESCRIPTION : 'Cocoon is <emphasize>great</emphasize>'

when I used esql:get-xml then I just received nothing, resp.
<description/>

but when I embed the "mixed content" within some XML tag:

then everything is fine.

Is this a feature or did I miss something in the documentation?

You can find a more complete example here (CocoBlog with "para" and all
the others without "para"):
http://194.191.122.220:8080/wyona-cms/wyona.org/related-projects/list.xml
http://194.191.122.220:8080/wyona-cms/wyona.org/related-projects/index.html

Thanks

Michael

Re: Feature of esql:get-xml?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Diana Shannon wrote:

> On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 07:04  AM, Christian Haul wrote:
>
>>> ok, I started to write a little docu on the usage of hsqldb and esql:
>>> http://194.191.122.220:8080/wyona-cms/docs/xdocs/hsqldb.html
>>>
>>> Maybe people from Cocoon can use certain parts of it if they want
>>>

> Thanks! Just let us know when you think it's more or less finished, and
> we'll add it to the Cocoon documentation. Submit a patch via Bugzilla.
> Check the How-Tos if you don't know how. Post to the list if you have
> any problems submitting.

ok, I will do that. If people have some input with regard to content,
just let me know.

Michael

Re: Feature of esql:get-xml?

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.

Re: Feature of esql:get-xml?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 05.Jul.2002 -- 11:13 AM, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Christian Haul wrote:
> >On 05.Jul.2002 -- 02:40 AM, Michael Wechner wrote:
> >It needs to be well-formed XML. But you can add a root element:
> >
> ><esql:get-xml column="name" root="root"/>
> >

> Thanks a lot for your help. I actually saw something similar on the
> mailing list, but I was too stupid to understand it.
>
> >Please follow up summarizing your problem and which suggested solution
>
> ok, I started to write a little docu on the usage of hsqldb and esql:
> http://194.191.122.220:8080/wyona-cms/docs/xdocs/hsqldb.html
>
> Maybe people from Cocoon can use certain parts of it if they want

Great!

One more thing: If the snippet in the database uses namespaces, it is
not sufficiant to declare them in the XSP. Reason: The database
content is parsed by a different XML parser which does not inherit
namespace declarations from the XSP itself.
Solution: Namespaces need to be declared in the snippet as well. A
solution could be to hack esql.xsl to automatically include all
namespaces from the XSP, but that is not completely desirable because
of the NS of taglibs.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l