Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by happyAMQ <jb...@olf.com> on 2007/07/02 16:37:41 UTC

Removing ActiveMQ destionations via Method Call

Hi All,

Similar to adding a destination with the method

destination = session.createTopic(subject);

How would I now remove this destination from the broker via a method call?

Thanks,
Jason.

Re: single session multiple consumers and selectors

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/6/07, Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> wrote:
> I have a single session which uses two consumers all within a single
> thread. This is how i use them
>
> 1. consumerA simply does a receiveNoWait on the queue and pops the first
> message.
>
> 2. We then use the firstMessage to construct a new consumer with a
> specific selector, named consumerB
>
> 3. consumerB will retrieve messages of the same queue until it receives
> a message with an end-of-stream indicator.
>
> 4. Commit the session, which owns consumerA and consumerB
>
> It seems that the second selector never consumers any messages of the
> queue even though there are messages which satisfy the selector.
>
> any ideas?

Nothing off the top of my head, no. I wonder could you create a little
JUnit test case for your scenario so we can try see whats going on?
--
James
-------

single session multiple consumers and selectors

Re: Removing ActiveMQ destionations via Method Call

Posted by happyAMQ <jb...@olf.com>.

Hi,  thanks for the quick reply.  This looks like it will solve my problem.
I searched around but to no avail - Is there some sample code out there for
this.

Thanks,
Jason.

Here you go...

http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/how-do-i-delete-a-destination.html

--
James
-------

Re: Removing ActiveMQ destionations via Method Call

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.