Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de> on 2008/09/09 12:20:29 UTC

Patch for NPE in ApplicationUtil (cocoon-auth-api)

Hi,

today I ran into a NPE when using ApplicationUtil.isUserInRole(…),
attached is a patch that allows the User instance passed to
isUserInRole(…) to be null.

Hope it is OK to submit a patch like that - if there is a better way
to do it just let me know.

Best regards

Benjamin

Fwd: Patch for NPE in ApplicationUtil (cocoon-auth-api)

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de>.
This time including the patch…

Re: Patch for NPE in ApplicationUtil (cocoon-auth-api)

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de>.

>> Hi,
>>
>> today I ran into a NPE when using ApplicationUtil.isUserInRole(…),
>> attached is a patch that allows the User instance passed to
>> isUserInRole(…) to be null.
>>
>> Hope it is OK to submit a patch like that - if there is a better way
>> to do it just let me know.
>
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> please file an issue in our bug-tracking system Jira [1]. This is
> especially for
> legal reasons since you have to grant license to ASF to actually
> allow us to use
> your patch in Cocoon. You will find this option I'm talking about
> when you
> attach the patch to the issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joerg
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON

Hi Joerg,

thanks - issue is filed [1]. Sorry for the second email.

HTH

Benjamin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2243

Re: Patch for NPE in ApplicationUtil (cocoon-auth-api)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.