Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Stefan Chirila <sc...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/21 23:09:14 UTC

Allura setup with Active Directory

Hi,

I'm currently trying to setup the allura at work. I'm currently using the
vagrant image for this purpose.
Here's what I'm trying to achieve (objective):
1. Users at work should be able to register/login to allura with their
Active Directory credentials (through LDAP)
2. Users should be allowed to create projects in allura and allow other
people to join their development efforts.
3. Authenticated users should be able to use git to pull, push changes to
the repository.
4. The git repository will be, at one point in the future, integrated with
Jenkins. So proper setup should be done for Git.

Main challenges with current version of Allura (via vagrant setup):
1. LDAP setup with schroot is not clear enough. Maybe documentation should
be updated to explain also the logic of the steps (like fuse driver setup,
ldap configuration, etc.). For example why the linking of /git and /hg to
/var/chroots/scm was done. It doesn't mention where to mention these /git
and /hg after this. (should they be set in the ini somewhere or it's
programmatically used when ldap is used).
2. GIT repository setup. What needs to be changed in the .ini, to allow
users to access the git repository and to make changes to it (push)
considering the setup above. Currently it's not documented how the
scm.repos.root needs to be set in case of a schroot setup.
3. Additional setup steps regarding running it from vagrant. Which ports
need to be forward, to make  git access work.

This is so far what I'm trying to achieve.
Thanks to anyone reading this and having some insights to share on the
above matter.

Best regards,
Stefan Chirila

Re: Allura setup with Active Directory

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
And if there are further changes to make (e.g. disallow registration and have
the login process create the user record in Allura as needed), we'd definitely
be open to making those changes.  If you're a developer and interested in trying
to make any modifications, we'll be glad to help and advise.

-Dave

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal